In Depth Review Of ‘Printly 2.0’ – Pros/Cons
In this review, I am looking at a product called 'Printly 2.0' created by Ike Paz and Brendan Mace. This service is a training module which will show you how you can generate an online income selling printable products such as invitations, word games, party supplies and so on.
There is also an extension training which covers how you can make money by selling T-shirts with simple designs which you can create using free tools.
This strategy seems straightforward, and on first impressions, it looks like it could be a winner.
So I have purchased the front end product, without any upsells, and I am going to take a look and tell you if I think it's going to help you make money online.
I base my review on my personal opinion as I work through the training and assess how helpful 'Printly 2.0' will be for someone who wants to make money online.
What Is Printly 1.0?
The concept is really quite simple.
You are shown how you can create digital downloadable products such as:
- party invitations.
- party name tags.
- birthday cards.
- and any printable product you can imagine, there are a lot!
You can also create your own website and use WooCommerce to create your own online store.
The good thing about this service is that you can start making money online for virtually no upfront cost as most of the services you use are free.
Equally, if you want to buy premium services to make your journey more manageable, you also have that option.
What Is Printly 2.0?
Printly 2.0 is an extension to the original training course. This focuses on making money selling T-shirts and T-shirt design.
In this section of the training, you are shown how you can create T-shirt designs by using the same methods as shown in the initial training.
The principle is the same and you use a T-shirt selling marketplace called Teepublic to promote your new T-shirt designs.
In this 60 minute long training module you are shown:
- How you can find illustrations and images you can use in your T-shirt designs.
- How to join Teepublic and upload your first product.
- How to create a blog on which you can upload your content.
- You're also given a crash email marketing course on how to capture leads and generate more sales using email marketing
- You are introduced to Facebook and how you can use Facebook groups to generate more traffic.
What Is The Training Like?
The training itself is very simple because you don't need much technical knowhow or experience with graphic design and so on to learn this monetization method.
You get 18 tutorial videos along with a PDF document on how to get traffic from Pinterest.
The Printly 1.0 tutorial modules are as follows:
- Welcome to Printly
- Finding the Profitable NIches
- Creating your Printables
- Printable Games - For Easy Conversions
- Creating Printable Invitations
- Creating Printable Banners and Logos
- Creating Printable Quotes
- Creating Printable Calendars
- Creating Printable PDF’s
- Pin Keyword Finder Tool
- Monetizing your Printables
- Setting Up WooCommerce
- Making Easy Cash with Fiverr
- Making Easy Cash with Etsy
The Printly 2.0 tutorial modules are as follows:
- Making Easy Cash With T-Shirts
- Making A Blog Qucikly
- Printable For Email Marketing
- Facebook Traffic Methods & Tools
- The method is super simple and has virtually no start-up cost, less than $50.
- Anybody can do this regardless of which country you are from or what background you have.
- If you are creative, you can come up with some very profitable printable product and T-shirts.
- This method is relatively untapped and the profit potential is huge.
- You create a product once and sell it over and over again.
- The initial training on how to find profitable niches and products should be a bit longer and more in-depth.
- The email marketing training in the 2.0 section is quite vague and will leave newbies needing more information.
- There will be a learning curve when it comes to dealing with sales and the platforms on which you list your products.
- You will need to lists a large volume of products to earn a good amount of money.
- You need to be patient.
- There will be gaps in the training where you will have to use your initiative to figure out what to do, such as further traffic sources and any issues with WordPress and so on.
Lack Of Traffic
The main issue I can see here is the lack of traffic and the potential competition.
If you list your products on Etsy and Fiverr then you will get plenty of traffic to your product placements but you will have more competition, and there are fees involved to sell your printable products.
On the other hand, if you build your own website, then you have no traffic and only using Pinterest and Facebook may not generate the traffic you need to make consistent sales.
My suggestion will be to combine the two, list all your products on the marketplaces and create your own website but you need to start researching other traffic sources to get more traffic to your site.
I will list a few resources below which you can start to research.
You Need To Create A Lot Of Products
The second issue I can see for any beginners who are trying to make money online is the number of products you will need to create:
If you think about it, there are thousands of special occasions or events in a person's life which you need to cover:
- Every single birthday and special anniversary occasions like childbirth, pregnancy and getting a new job.
- Parties and specific types of parties.
- Starting school or finishing school.
- Inspirational and motivational
- and so on...
For you to generate consistent sales, you need to have a lot of products. There will be no point in listing one or two and then sit back hoping that you'll make sales every single day.
This applies to both the sale of printables and T-shirts
You will need to put some work into this and create high quality and engaging printable products.
I am pretty confident in saying that for you to make daily sales you will need at least 40 or 50 products in place to start making some real money.
Your listing will be one of many others, so this will come down to a numbers game - simple as that.
The only exception to this will be if you stumble upon a particular niche or a specific type of product which there is very little competition for but has high demand.
This is obviously not impossible but you shouldn't expect this to happen.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
Will You Make Money Using The 'Printly' Method?
Yes, I do genuinely believe you can make money using Printly.
The method has a good grounding, and it is a perfectly reasonable and normal way to make money online.
There is a simple demand for this type of product, and even though certain niches may be competitive, there is room for more people to do it.
As long as you are aware of the points I have made in this review about the volume of products you may need to create then you should be fine.
My advice would be to keep working and keep concentrating on creating high-quality products.
Remember that you need to get as much exposure as you can, and you do that by producing more content and more products.
Also, don't be scared to explore other marketplaces and other traffic sources.
Once you have a respectable collection on your website, then start looking at other ways to bring traffic to your site with sources like:
- Facebook Ads
- and so on
You should see the training module provided by 'Printly' as the beginning of your journey and always focus on growing for the future and keep producing more content.
Is Printly 2.0 A Scam?
I am guessing by now that you can tell that I do not think 'Printly' is a scam. The service is genuine, and it does provide excellent value for money.
After all, I only paid $15 for the service, ok, so we cannot expect too much for your money.
Having said that, the training is more than adequate, and I do believe it is excellent value for money.
You will need to think outside the box a little bit and come up with your own ideas and use your own initiative to bring the idea forward.
FREE Resources To Enhance Your Chances Of Success Using 'Printly'
Here are a couple of free resources to help you improve your chances at success using this method.